Click here to find out about volunteer opportunities at camp or if you are available and willing to volunteer your time to help during the week.
Band camp requires a lot of support from volunteers.
Daily Schedule (subject to change)
|7:00 am||Wake up shower and clean bunks for inspection|
|9:00 am||Marching Rehearsal|
|1:00 pm||Rehearsal (Sectionals/Full Band)|
|3:00 pm||Break (swim, volleyball, basketball, hang out, practice, etc.)|
|6:00 pm||Marching Rehearsal|
|10:30 pm||Everyone in Cabins|
|11:00 pm||LIGHTS OUT!!!!|
What to Bring
- Marching Music and Stand Music
- Bed Roll and Pillow (Sleeping Bag or Sheets)
- Clothes for all kinds of weather (it gets cool at night)
- Extra socks to keep your feet dry
- 2 pairs of shoes
- Lyre and Flip Folder
- Bug Spray (Insect Repellent)
Band Camp Policies
- Students will not be allowed to drive to Band Camp.
- There will be absolutely NO VISITORS (other than parents) at camp. Alumni are welcome at home camp, but not at away camp. Parents are always welcome and encouraged to attend (and help if possible).
- Being absent from Band Camp may result in a loss of a permanent spot in the drill. This will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- All clothing policies that apply during school will apply at Band Camp.
- Follow all rules and policies that have been stated in the student handbook.
- All medication must be checked-in upon arrival at WHS. Please bring your medication in a marked plastic sandwich bag with dosage instructions. Our camp nurse will disperse all medication unless she tells you otherwise. Please see our camp nurse if you are feeling ill. She will be introduced when we get to camp. Her name is Mrs. Brown.
- Students are expected to drink plenty of water, be present for every meal, and wear sunscreen.
What NOT to Bring
- Electronics (bring at your own risk)
Please use common sense when deciding what to bring to band camp. If you are not sure about a particular item, please ask the band director.